I’ve been trought a pickle these days trying to make a simple HTML5 video with a MP4 source load on iOS. It just wouldn’t load.
Long story short
- Run your source file through Adobe Media Encoder
- Choose Mobile 1080 HD preset
- On Video Settings, click Match Source to keep the original dimensions
- Still in Video Settings, uncheck the checkbox that locks Field Order and change it to Progressive
- Play around with the target bitrate until your video is below 50mb
- Render the queue
To sum up, the video should:
- Be rendered with Field Order = progressive
- Be below 50mb in total size
If you ever googled your issue and ended up in a StackOverflow thread reading about server headers and response codes you never heard of, maybe this would help. I hope the solution worked on your end! Maybe let me know ?